This past three-day weekend was amazing. I never realized how incredible Austin, Texas was. I’ve driven through and even enjoyed watching a musical there, but I never embraced the city as a true Austonian.
There are a ton of things to do, more than we had time for of course, but I do have some amazing recommendations if you happen visit.
My Top 10 Austin Must Do’s
- Start with the history! I know for some this may seem boring, but I promise it’s not! Go to the State Capital; It’s actually very pretty, and it’s a great place to kick off your trip!Family selfie at the State Capital.
- Walk the strip! From the State Capital, head toward Congress Avenue until you reach South Congress or SoCo. Enjoy the shops, restaurants, food trucks, music and beautiful homes.Shopping on South Congress.
- Taste the authentic. When in Austin, you must taste the BBQ! We tried out a cool spot called Franklin Barbecue and it was pretty darn good! The meat was incredibly tender and cooked to perfection!Pre barbecue selfie at Frankin Barbecue!
- Visit the Lady! Lady Bird Lake is a beautiful lake so conveniently located within the heart of the city. Along the lake, there are trails and places where you can picnic (eat your bbq). You’ll also see that a lot of the locals are super active and love to get out for outdoor activities.Hangin’ at Lady Bird Lake.
- Batter up! Okay, so maybe no baseball, but you must check out the bats at dusk. In the spring and summer months, what seems like millions of bats, take flight from a bridge and begin their hunting festivities. See it on my Snapchat Adventures YouTube video!
- Splurge in those sweets. Once you make your way back to South Congress, make sure you pick up some ice cream along the way. The ice cream spots are to die for! We especially loved Amy’s Ice Creams!Don’t forget the ice cream! Check out !
- Not your average museum. My hubby surprised us and found a cool spot known as the Hope Outdoor Gallery. This outdoor gallery was filled with beautiful street art full of urban flavor and colors!Street art outside of the Hope Outdoor Gallery.
- Thrift it up! Austin has a ton of cool thrift shops and antique stores, so be sure to allot time do a little treasure hunting.Wall art goals!
- Refresh! Take some time to refresh your body and mind by swimming in the famous natural spring pools of Austin. You may need to drive a bit more out of the way for a couple, but it’s well worth it. For more of a pool setting check out, Barton Springs, or Krause Springs for more of a natural setting.Picnic at Krause Springs. .
- Sweets to go! On your way back to your destination, you may want to stop at the world-famous donut shop outside of Austin called, Round Rock Donuts. The line may be long, so be sure to allow yourself plenty of time before they close.
The ATX was incredible, and I’m so glad we got to enjoy so much in so little time. There’s still so much more to do–but we definitely plan on returning to do more exploring!
Don’t forget to check out my Snapchat adventure video on YouTube and shop my post below for some of my favorite Austin looks! Stay tuned for more Austin style!
Shop the Post
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel, Sasha Agent.