The Busy Blues
My husband and I were talking about how insane our schedules were and how we so deserved a quick getaway. You see, between teaching, coaching, our ten-year old’s dance schedule, his evening coaching gig, my blog, and our demanding toddler–life is a bit jam-packed… just a little bit.
Miracles Do Happen
Well, recently a miracle occurred; we discovered that he is free of basketball
tournaments this coming weekend, and on top of that, we have a three-day weekend. This is seriously a miraculous event. What does this mean? Road trip! We decided to take the fam on a quick road trip the state capital of Texas–Austin.
Austin Here We Come!
So with this, I’ve decided to hook you guys up with a style rich packing guide–just in case you ever travel to Austin, or any other country lovin’ destination.
Pack it Up!
- The Spring Weekend Tote: Lovin’ the classic basket tote by Target with the trendy and colorful fru fru thing. I have no idea what you call that thing, but it’s awesome.
- The Mexican blanket: I actually bought this amazing blanket from a flea market in Mexico when my husband and I got married, however, they’re so easy to find. Here is a great one from Target! These are essential for picnics, and oh yeah, staging photos like this. Ha!
- Picnic Basket: In Austin we plan on site seeing a bit. I plan on packing sandwiches and snacks, and this picnic basket from Macy’s is perfect because it comes stocked with reusable plates, cups, napkins, forks, spoons, and knives.
- Sunnies: I was never really a sunglasses person up until I recently discovered affordable yet trendy online sunglasses retailer, Eye Feel Shady. Sunglasses can really be that final touch an outfit needs. So glad I found them! Here I featured my favorite floral sunnies, perfect for the Spring and ATX!
- Spring Hat: The hat is a must… Here I feature a white and black fedora from Shopbop gifted by my good friend, The Rene Berry. I actually don’t own a cowboy straw hat… I know! How can I be a Texan without a cowboy hat? But I plan on begging the hubs for one when we get to Austin. Stay tuned! Haha!
Inside the bag (Minus the Dog)
- The spring floral dress (vintage) see similar here.
- Fringe boots (Sam Edelman//Dillard’s)
- Overalls (Old Navy)
- Off the shoulder top (Who What Wear//Target) see similar here and here from Nordstrom.
- Cutoff denim shorts (Vintage Lee) upcycled by Elle Lain, see similar here.
- Romper (Vintage) see similar here on Etsy.
- Colorful statement necklace (Vintage) see similar here on Etsy.
- Tennis Shoes (Keds)
- Bright colored heels (Steve Madden//Nordstrom)
- Denim jacket (J.Crew)
- Sunscreen (Neutrogena//Target)
- Style magazine (Target)
- Distressed boyfriend jeans (Nordstrom)
- Maxi sundress (Free People)
- Classic white button up (Old Navy)
- Gladiator sandals (Jeffrey Campbell//Free People)
- Basket Purse (Vintage) see similar here (Barney’s Warehouse).
- Graphic T-Shirt (Shopbop)
Vaca pics coming soon! Have an awesome week!